PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shanghai Airlines (good airline?)
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 13:23
boldstreet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shanghai Airlines (good airline?)

I'm flying with them in two week to PVG from XIA. Are they any good? Have the utmost confidence in EU/NA pilot training but it's my first time flying with an asian airline and I'm a little nervous due to awfully bad prejudice (sorry if that's ignorant but hey). Got a Delta flight from PVG to DTW afterwards but I'm dreading the first leg. Does anybody fly for this airline and can gracefully tell me I'm being an ignorant piece of s**t?

Flying on the 738. I have a terrible, irrational fear of our pilots overlooking something so simple like flap configuration, angle of attack on take off and I get incredibly anxious on flights to the point where I sweat and ironically start looking like I have bad intentions. I really would choose to walk instead of flying (ikr).

I've flown about 10 hours as PIC over the course of a year (2015) but I still find myself terrified when I fly, due to a lack of control or awareness about what has or has not been done. What am I getting myself into in two weeks? Please give me your knowledge on this aircraft and pilot competency.