PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 12:21
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
My last Q
Replying to @SOU_Airport
Lastly, Can you say if @easyJet is being wooed and courted right now to have a base at SOU or at least increase their flying programme & destinations from SOU? They have the right a/c A320 which is not as limited at SOU as the 737-800/MAX

Answer:
SOU says Replying to me and @easyJet
We love all of our airlines and encourage them to develop their route network for the benefit of all our loyal passengers.

In Reply to a Q from Brian Nash re the runway Extn works, and my Q about the 737-800/MAX Op'g out of SOU
SOU says
we are hoping to submit our planning application early next year. Thank you for your support!
and...
The development of our runway will provide airlines with an improved operating environment. The exact aircraft mix will be decided by airlines themselves.

and further to my Flylolo Q about Greece and Tour Operators sharing their flights
SOU says
Thank you for your suggestion, and we work with a lot of tour operators, which we recognise is important for certain routes.
For Greece in particular many tour operators are already interested.

Oooh! I was right about that lol

Few other heated Q's came in about climate change and more Pollution
plus a wildlife habitat Q and their concerns re the special area of conservation close by - SOU mentioned their Habitat Management Plan
plus trying to get better direct trains to SOU from Portsmouth and along the south coast