PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 11th Oct 2018, 09:00
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a member of the LAA, so I make this point respectfully and with a certain amount of diffidence.

The whole history of the original award, it’s withdrawal and the failure of Ms Curtis-Taylor to address the questions asked of her have surely brought the LAA into disrepute. That is very sad because the overwhelming majority of its members are honourable pilots, who just want to get on with having their aircraft approved, go flying and enjoy the other benefits of their membership.

It is difficult to assign the cause of such disrepute to anything other than Ms Curtis-Taylor’s original alleged actions and her failure to address them properly.

In that connection, the suggestion in a recent post that the LAA Board should ask her the questions directly and personally is a good one and is, perhaps, the only way to “lance the boil”, provided they insist on clear, specific and unambiguous answers, and then publish them to the membership.

If she fails to respond properly, it is difficult to see any justification for the award being returned nor any basis on which she could remain a member of the association.

If that were to happen, based on the facts as we know them, although I am not a lawyer, I can see no basis on which a legal challenge could succeed and IMHO it would just end up with the plaintiff losing a great deal of money as the defence would simply be a recounting of the established facts and a statement that the plaintiff had been given every opportunity to address the criticisms of her actions and had refused to do so.