PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 11th Oct 2018, 08:08
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by airpolice
Just for the sake of intelligent debate, and I would not want to pre-judge... what on earth could she say in such a meeting that a reasonable person would accept?

What words might explain, in a reasonable fashion, the overpowering evidence that she is unfit to be honoured, in any way, by her aviation peers?

That's a serious question. Do any of you really think that there exists, deep in the fog, a Rabbit so awesome, that if pulled out of the hat, would make sense?
Fair point - As I said above TCT should answer the Q's that members want to know the answer to -

What could she say? well, for her to -
Apologize for bringing the LAA into disrepute (again), make it clear to her how this is upsetting and damaging to the membership and to the Society, plus the costs that she is causing by having to arrange the AGM around her and her antics.
Apologize for suggesting misogyny by the Society. (Her own tagline is Bird in a biplane)
Apologize for abusing the Society's Members AGM forum for pursuing a personal feud with another member on it.

I am sure I can add more - she is totally out of order and I cannot understand how she has run roughshod through, and around the Society.
She should have been reined in.

Once a level playing field is established with her - then and only then, should the Society and its members then decide whether the Award is suitable to be again honoured to her or not.

Last edited by rog747; 11th Oct 2018 at 08:44. Reason: some edits