PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 06:57
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1

I’ve had good and bad at all London airports, though STN is particularly bad at security. LCY and SEN are particularly good, though I have experienced delays.

Even there you are at the mercy of U.K. Border force and that’s where a lot of these complaints and delays arise. Last time there were 3 officers who took forever to process our flight of 90-something pax with 4xAirbuses to arrive within the next hour or so. I’ve also had 5 desks processing 8 of us on a very empty ATR with only an A319 to come.
Please, of course SEN and LCY have less issues.
Take Southend for example, it’s daily aircraft movements are swamped by the first hour of operation at Stansted.
if we don’t stop complaining about delays at security, measures will be taken to speed things up and that’s when mistakes will be made, can we all just realise the world has changed as far as security is concerned and the amount of people flying has never been higher, put the two together, have a think and get to the airport an hour earlier than you planed, have a coffee and a chat with the person next to you in the queue, pass through security maybe buy something in duty free, board the plane land safe and be happy.