PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with creating an Email client
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 01:10
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with creating an Email client

I need some help please, and fast. I'm way out of my depth and I'm sorry I don't even know the correct terminology to use but essentially ..

I own my own domain name and run my email system through my provider, so all my past emails are only available online (and not on my PC - stupid maybe but there was a very good personal reason at the time for setting it up like that.) I have now had a major falling out with them because they keep whacking up the price to the point where it's become stupid, hence our falling out big-time.

If I've understood them correctly, I think that what I need to do is create an Email Client (or an archive?) on a different system / package ?? so I can download all of those emails that other system - ideally another one 'in the cloud' that I can log into from anywhere, just without being charged through the nose for the priviledge. There is no website attached to the email account so no 'hosting package' required, barring a small and reasonable fee they want so I can keep that email address active with them. Just with the caveat that they will delete all of my old emails when and if that happens.

If anyone knows or understands what I'm talking about then I would be very grateful for any advice or suggestions you may have,

Thanks in advance

CS