PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Union representation let down
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2018, 13:28
wombat watcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankengine

ohh, CASA grounded the airline? I didn’t even know Alan worked for them!
Remember Alan has said under oath he only decided to go ahead with the shutdown on the Saturday morning. (Do “CASA” work Saturdays?)
Docked pay? You obviously don’t know how credited hours work, I got the same pay but had to spend two extra days away from my family for it!

obviously you didn’t get docked pay.
because the airline was grounded you obviously got stuck in some outport.
because your pattern was based on flight time credits, you obviously didn’t get to the cutover where MDC kicked in.
the fact that you didn’t get any extra pay for your extra 2 days away from home obviously increased your bitterness about the whole lockout exercise
because you were overseas might be the reason you weren’t aware/ didn’t understand the nuances of what actually happened

If the lockout actually took place, you might have been kicked out of your company paid hotel room. That is what happened in 1966, the last time Qf pilots participated in serious industrial action. That would have given you real reason to complain.

There is a big difference between planning for a lockout as a tactic and actually pulling the trigger.