PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visiting Schools before committing
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2018, 12:00
PelicanSquawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visiting Schools before committing

Hi All,

I am currently doing my ATPL exams, and am starting to think about choosing a school. I have been reading up on most of well regarded ones on here, however I was wondering to what extent I should be making an effort to visit the schools? And when I visit what should I aim to gain from my visit?

I am asking as most of the ones I have emailed have said they only do weekday visits, and since I don't get paid for my days off, the cost of visiting these schools could rack up a considerable cost. Currently I am considering Diamond in Sweden, STO Flight Sweded, Bartolini air, Bournemouth, Aeros, Stapleford, Atlantic Flight Training Academy...and perhaps a few I have forgotten.

My current thinking is to choose the one which in writing, and online research seems the best for me....out of all of the schools which have places at the time I'm looking, and then just visit the one school before committing, more a cursory, to make sure there isn't anything I really don't like about it.

Appreciate any one else's opinions on here. Due to the long waiting lists of places, I feel that many people must have just committed without visiting first?

PS