PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Quality of your Instruction…
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 02:49
The Phoenix Rises

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,

I don't really know where all this is going now. It seems it is a little way off the original posting.

The school, frankly, is not part of this discussion. It is entirely a private matter for me to take up with the school.

Actually I am not sure that I 'alleged' any impropriety at the school in terms of their tuition. I am too new to this to know if the teaching experiences of which I have been on the receiving end were good or bad practice, or common or rare. I have not said that the school doesn’t produce PPL’s, and I haven’t said it is bad overall. I have sought and seek to bring no individual or establishment into any disrepute or controversy of any kind. All I have done is relate here, entirely accurately, what has happened to me in their hands, and this is the entire thrust of my postings. If the school happens to know who I am, then they can look at my notes and check the dates and they will know about my solo flights, and who sent me up on them. The Instructor concerned certainly knows this.

If the school knows, then great! They will know why I am going to talk to the CFI. But I do think I owe it, out of common courtesy, to raise my problems with them direct first before I go and mention names. You can deduce what you like and assume what you like, but the name of the school remains confidential as far as I am concerned.

One other thing, if I may:

To me, this is serious stuff. The fact of the matter is that I could have been killed on that first solo navex. Frankly, it was damned frightening. I think I have taken an enormous amount of flak from some people in this thread, actually moderators of PPRuNe itself, and I am really disappointed to find that those, at least, could not approach this with an open mind. I have not even had a formal request by pm, or openly in the thread, from PPRuNe to verify my statements, yet there is a statement here from a senior member of PPRuNe that I am disbelieved. I think that is a shame, and immensely unfair to me.

You have in me a student with modest hours and experience who knows no other pilots other than the instructors at the school who teach him. I do not know the other students who are there. I have attended no social gatherings there. I have no friends or colleagues who are pilots, with whom I could discuss these issues and from whom I could take soundings. So, I tried to take soundings on this forum, to gather opinions, knowledge and experiences, to form an opinion as to what I should do. To have received such an unfair, pre-judged rebuff from those at the very core of this site is most disheartening.

To those others of you, many, who have believed my story and offered their advice and shared their own experiences here, I say a great thank you.

I now ask that this thread be closed off.

TP