PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 8th Oct 2018, 13:12
Cows getting bigger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personal view.

90%+ of TCT's adventures should be embraced as a positive for GA. Regardless of the amount of support and/or seats occupied, it must be recognised that dragging a Stearman so far was a notable endeavour. Unfortunately, there is a bitter pill here. For whatever reason, TCT (I'll be benevolent, it could be her media support team) did not resist the various poorly informed assertions that it was a solo flight. Indeed, there is enough factual evidence to support accusations that TCT intentionally fuelled such assertions; there was absolutely no need.

So, after the event(s)we have a set of flights and a few queries about how the solo element had been assumed/peddled. Once highlighted, an honourable individual may well have stuck their hand up and acknowledged that the spin machine had spun a bit too much; very easy to do. Instead, and for whatever reason, this was not done and escalated into a members' club trophy issue that really isn't worthy of argument outside of the club. To be revisited after 2+ years is just complete nonsense and , for that, I believe TCT is being somewhat mischievious.

Turning to misogyny etc. Well, forgive me but anyone who uses a sales pitch of "Bird in a Biplane" immediately puts them selves on dodgy ground if they subsequently look to play a sexism card. You simply cannot cherry-pick the times where you want to use gender to an advantage and then turn around and accuse others of using gender as a means of belittling.

A final thought. I sort of agree with SFF's view on the role of the LAA. Their prime business must be overseeing regulation of permit aircraft for the CAA. To become embroiled in this nonsense is worrisome. The vultures should stop circling, TCT should just fess-up and the LAA should manage such issues at an appropriate level. Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder what Bill Woodhams would have thought about all this noise? We're losing our way here people.