PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bathurst races this weekend
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 01:36
BIK_116.80
on your FM dial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G’day again apache,

....so you would be quite happy for me to just do an approach, tell you to “get stuffed” if you are attempting the NDB, and just barrel in despite what you are telling me ?
I can only fly one aeroplane at a time. If I were concerned that there was a collision hazard then I would manoeuvre to avoid the other aircraft. If someone else flying another aircraft were concerned that there was a collision hazard then I would expect them to do the same – but that’s up to them.

In the years that I went there, I did not have an IFR GPS on board, therefore NDB was the only option.
So the reason that aircraft were stacked up to FL150 was because they had outdated avionics. I bet the owners were glad they saved a few bucks, eh?

ALSO, just cos the wx is below the minima when ABC does the approach, doesn't mean it will be below the minima when XYZ does his/her approach!
Sure – I think the accepted industry euphemism is “fluctuating about the minima”

At the relevant time on the day in question several successive approaches had resulted in go-arounds.