PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 8th Oct 2018, 10:24
Forfoxake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clareprop
It didn't need to. It was a presumed given that it was a solo flight because of the massive media reporting, website statement from BiaB and personal commentary from the pilot in question that is was solo. There are plenty of social media comments from people who were shocked to finally find it wasn't a solo flight. There is too much evidence in the public domain now for this whole affair to be considered as anything other than a deceit. A deceit which supporters of T C-T never refer to or try to explain. Instead, they seek to blame the LAA and its members or make accusations against people who have simply asked the right questions.
Anyway, I am now off to follow in the footsteps of Bert Hinkler, the first person to fly solo to Australia. I will have a 'back-up team' (British Airway's) and will be 'reaching out' on various occasions during my flight - mainly for another glass of wine. By the time I get back, this saga will hopefully be over one way or the other. Courage! The truth will always out.
I sincerely hope you are right, clareprop, and LAA members will decisively reject Post-truth politics:
Post-truth politics is a political culture in which debate is framed largely by appeals to emotion disconnected from the details of policy, and by the repeated assertion of talking points to which factual rebuttals are ignored (Wikipedia).