PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lovely Saturday trip to Bembridge!
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 00:52
Aussie Andy
PPruNaholic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topunicyclist - I can confirm it was still £10 last weekend... well worth it!

MR TEDDY - glad you had a good trip to Silverstone etc. do you mean Sat 11th, or last month Sat 13th? Its surprising how often you can encounter birds... I think the ones that fly quite high are Kites (I am no ornithologist though!) and I have copped them as high as 2,500' on a couple of occasions around Aylesbury, and on Saturday afternoon whilst climbing through about 2,000' just south of Benson. I suppose they tend to shy away once the spot an aircraft though? I haven't had to take avoiding action as yet, but keep my eye on them as I chug past!

I was once very surprised by a child's helium ballon which flashed past me at around 2,000' - again voer Aylesbury - which made me consider avoiding action: when I first saw the fast rising silver object reflecting the sunlight I couldn't figure out what it was!

I don't get dissappointed when I don't get LARS anymore... in fact on busry sunny Saturday afternoons I anticipate it, and juist let myself feel happy if I get a service! AND I KEEP A SHARP LOOKOUT!

Andy :-)