PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 7th Oct 2018, 18:06
DownWest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hoodie
It is imperative that, for the future well-being of the LAA, we are all clear that the outcome of the vote has nothing whatsoever with the Association's Board. The vote outcome will be the Membership's view, not theirs.

If we say that an overturning of the decision shows the LAA to be dishonest then we will be not only being unfair on the LAA Board - who are simply following the Articles of the Association - but we are also wrongly saying that following due process is untrustworthy - when in fact it is precisely the opposite.

Following fair process, regardless of the outcome, is precisely what we should be expecting from the LAA. And that's what we are getting, so far as I can see.

This situation is difficult for the LAA. I think that we should be acknowledging them and supporting that, rather than throwing rocks.
Quite, though why this came up again is entirely down to one person.(though there might be a couple of other interested parties) I hope the membership use due judgment and bin it..
I really can't see why it is still carrying on. Desperation? The film can't be a blockbuster? Bit of interest from non aviation groups, But?