PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 7th Oct 2018, 14:45
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't she ever stop? Do she and her supporters realise the damage they could do to the LAA, and in doing so how much damage they could do to GA in this country? I've been flying since I was a kid, professionally for a bit over 30 years, aviation is the most balanced, equality driven pastime or profession. Nobody cares if you've got lumps in your jumper or your trousers, you are a pilot, be you a new PPL or an old lag ATPL. For all of the time I've been flying I've been a member of the PFA/LAA as that was where my GA heart is and always will be. I own a permit aircraft, so use all the LAA services, If the 2016 decision is overturned then the LAA will, in my opinion be as dishonest as T C-T, and as this and other threads have stated, ability is varied amongst all pilots, but honesty should not be. If the LAA pursue this course will the rank and file membership be able to trust the Executive Committee, or the Chief Executive ever again? Will the CAA be able to trust the LAA to carry out it's duties, or will there always be a question mark over the honesty of the organisation as a whole?

I first met T C-T during the build up to the Africa trip, she struck me as someone very full of herself, and downright rude to people who were of no use to her, a real Me! Me! Me! character. Well get this Tracy, the aviation worldwide is about Us! Us! Us! those of us who fly for the love of it, those who scrape together what they can for a few hours a year, those who spend years building or restoring their own aeroplanes, those who give their time, aircraft and money on "outreach programmes" to bring on the youth element, people who make the spare seats in their aircraft available to others less fortunate and share with them the joy of flying. Every day people are flying far more interesting and challenging flights than yours, usually without a support crew or chase plane, usually because they want to make the flights for them, not to make publicity out of the movie rights.

A long time ago I worked as a ferry pilot (Cessna 208's and 206's from the factory to Africa) I met a wonderful German lady, a wife and mother who's job was ferrying big Pipers either way, I'm ashamed I can't remember her name, but pre-IPad when GPS was very new she went once or twice a month, unsung across the Atlantic, alone in an aircraft with nowhere near the navigation equipment you had, But I suppose Fraulien in a Cherokee doesn't have the right sound to it, and by the way, ladies flying biplanes (and I know a few) are not Birds in Biplanes, they are pilots in biplanes. So please stop the insults calling us all mysoginists, we aren't, you seem to want to hang onto a past that went a long time ago.

Please Tracy, do aviation in general and the LAA in particular a favour, drop it, I don't want to see the LAA split by a nasty, powerful vote against you, if you carry on like this, your aviation legacy will go from bad to utterly toxic.

As well as voting against this motion I have also written to the Honours Committee attaching these threads, because you are definitely not fit for any form of award, or honour at all.

SND

Last edited by Pilot DAR; 7th Oct 2018 at 15:43. Reason: fixed typo