PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2018, 11:58
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiteralCactus
Hey guys,
Thanks for a sencirely amazing forum. I’m an F/O at a US regional and I’ve been considering applying for the 767 gig for a while now.
Something that was touched on before but I wanna confirm, what’s the upwards movement like? Honestly I want to do the super long passenger legs ideally in the 787 and I don’t mind putting in my time in a 767 but if I’m going to be stuck doing freight my career there it might be a deal breaker.

thanks again folks!
Not sure what you mean by "super long passenger legs" but the only long leg the 787 has right now is the HNL flight at 8 hours. Most others are just to China/HKG and back. I guess you could call the SIN leg long but I don't. Here's the deal. You get hired here in the 767 flying both passenger and cargo. You can ask to transfer to the 787 after a bit. (not sure of how long you have to be here for that) But in the meantime you will be doing the 767. Freight is not that bad of a deal. Sure you fly a lot at night but so does the passenger flights. Best thing about the freight is you don't have to worry about any passengers or cabin attendants in the back during turbulence. Makes it a much more relaxing flight.

My question to you though. As a US pilot why would you want to come here with the hiring environment at home right now? You will make more money and have a better retirement in the US.