PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RCAF Wellington Pilot, 1942 Egypt - how to find details?
Old 6th Oct 2018, 07:43
Quemerford

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyray
Wow, I've had a busy week and just got a chance to think "Oh, I should pop over to pprune and see if anyone had any tips on finding the info." Didn't expect to come back to such a wealth of information!

Thank you so much, India Four Two, Quemeford, and Innominate! I really appreciate the effort you put in to researching this, and the pointers on where to look for the information. I wonder if I can find the appendix with the report from Sgt. Mole referenced in the documents Quemeford shared in the previous post. Was that from the National Archives reports you referenced above?

Again, thank you all!
Skyray, the report excerpts all came from the sources I quoted (National Archives). By the look of it the 'Sgt Mole' report is the first one I posted: there doesn't seem to be a report other than that in the Appendices. However the Appendices do give details of the planning of that one raid, as well as others. And obviously they also will have detail of the daily flights your relative made (Main part of the ORB). I would post you the copies I have but they are too large for my email limit! Annoying, but £10 total for 100MB of download is a good deal.

I'd also give the 99 Sqn records a go. There should be a casualty pack for this accident at the National Archives too.