PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Light Plane shot down by Serbian wedding guests
Old 13th Oct 2003, 23:11
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting new angle, from Reuters:
BELGRADE (Reuters) - A two-seater sports plane on an unauthorised joyride was apparently shot down by mistake when it flew over a Serbian wedding party where guests were firing guns into the air, local media have reported.

Two men were reported to have sustained serious injuries when their aircraft burst into flames and crashed near Kraljevo, central Serbia.

"I heard shots from a wedding party which was very close to the crash site. Then I saw the plane in flames. It was shot in the left wing," witness Zoran Vukadinovic told reporters on Sunday.

"A few moments later, while attempting a crash landing, it was caught in overhead power cables," he said.

Local media said neither of the men held a pilot's licence.

Firing guns into the air at weddings and other celebrations is common in Serbia.
Not sure what to make of the fact that it was an "unauthorised joyride", or that "neither of the men held a pilot's license" - my first thought is to wonder if this is connected to it being shot down, but I can't figure out how it could be connected.

FFF
-------------