PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX flights leaving Hong Kong set to cost up to HK$652 more as fuel ....
Old 4th Oct 2018, 21:43
The Bullwinkle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel ashamed having to ask for salt and pepper.....
I have only ever travelled in Business Class with Cathay Pacific and I have to say that I was quite surprised that they didn’t supply salt and pepper with the meal.
Even more demonstrative of the penny pinching cutbacks was the shortage of the “snack” options available between the normal meal services.
I enjoyed one of these nice snacks during our flight from Hong Kong to Europe and later on when I thought I might have another one, I was told you’ve had yours and there’s only one per person!
On a 13 hour flight, one snack per person when I’ve paid over $7,000 AUD for the ticket!
But it got even better when my wife asked for another bottle of water and they had to take her empty bottle and re-fill it from their larger bottle!
Additionally, I had to change seats on 2 of our 4 sectors as the lie flat bed on the Boeing 777’s were in such poor condition, it was extremely uncomfortable to sit in, let alone lie down.
But then just last week I received an A4 sized glossy booklet from Rupert Hogg telling me how great Cathay Pacific is.
Maybe instead of wasting money on **** like that, they could just invest it into their product and then their customers will do their advertising for them.
At this point in time, I’m looking at any other airlines that honour Asia Miles. Cathay Pacific are sending me to their competition and they’re too belligerent to even notice!
But hey, they’ve saved 50 cents by not providing salt and pepper so that should earn somebody a bonus!