PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shared ownership of Agusta 109 in Yorkshire
Old 4th Oct 2018, 17:47
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Evil .... well it’s a good thing we all have different tastes !! I have said here that it has really grown on me but in an ideal world I would still have longer skids !! ( they are already longer but still too short in my opinion )
The 109 is now cheaper than some 1970,s JetBangers ... cheaper than a 20 year old Enstrom and about 50% of the price of an 80,s MD500 . Up until a very few years ago they were fetching around £6-700k so they have done a nose dive , mainly due to being dropped by AOC,s because of Cat A performance. Not something that bothers me on private / lease or SFH I hasten to add !!
i think that any depreciation from these levels will be small but ..... if they did say halve again in value that would be brilliant for owners who want to fly them as parts will become cheaper than 206 parts ( in fact we are already almost there with loads of spares available) . So my thoughts are that IF , and it could go the other way , they drop further in value then it would be worth buying one for spares for say £80-100k without engines and stop worrying !!!
I would prefer a 1/4 share in one rather than a second hand Range Rover for same money which will halve over 24 months !