PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to start the Question Banks? Immediately? But I won't know anything?
Old 4th Oct 2018, 13:31
Constant92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flugas
An option is to try to understand the subject you're studying by going through its material and once you went through it (understanding means grasping the main concepts, not memorizing lots of details), you will be able to hit the QB. By doing that I usually manage to get around 70% the first time. I then focus on the things I didn't do well and only then I re-do the questions I didn't answer correctly the first time.

After all that you should be able to simulate the exams and get >80% results. This is how I study for the ATPL theory.
I would also agree with this approach. Whenever you have completed a larger chapter, hit the QB and don't worry if you're not getting over 75%. Read the explanation and you will learn a lot. Flag the questions you did wrong and redo them once you've finished a particular block of questions.

Aviation Exam lets you work on specific sub-chapters within each topic whereas BGS only divides each subject into larger topics. That's why I mostly rely on Avex, if I have spare time I work on BGS to practice for the school exam.