PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 in one day
Thread: 43 in one day
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2018, 11:03
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to believe that 43 pilots resigned in early October to preserve any year end bonuses, but I seriously doubt it's true.

However, speaking of bonuses, Reuters reporting today that one of our competitors, FEDEX, Is offering pilots approaching retirement bonuses of $40k (and up to $100k) to remain over the Christmas period. It seems FEDEX believes Santa's sleigh is going to be full of high yielding presents and chucking the reindeers a few extra carrots makes good business sense.

Speaking of good business sense, in the land of Kempis, pilots on COS99 approaching retirement will be shown the door or offered POS18 and a hefty paycut. Over in the land of Rupert, the oil hedge unwinds just as oil goes through the hedge price of $85.

Those Ice Pirates whinging on the forums need to join the dots and figure out where the Company's soft underbelly lies. It seems to me the Ice Pirates wield a fair bit of leverage at the moment. The question is, are they galvanised enough to flex a bit of muscle without the Union(s) holding their hands??

Last edited by Liam Gallagher; 4th Oct 2018 at 14:05.