PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After 5 hours...
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2018, 06:39
Splashdown2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by double_barrel
Yep, the difference is striking. There I am constantly fiddling with stuff and ending-up climbing or descending when I should be level or letting the speed drift off. He seems to do nothing - the plane just does exactly what he wants! I clearly still need to free-up some brain resources.
double_barrel, your posts made me laugh because they mirror somewhat my experiences. When I started it felt like I'd never get the hand of taxying - why was it so hard! However, after 7 hours I had a great lesson where everything started to click. We landed and on taxying back to the apron I noticed one rather tight spot to park the aircraft, bugger I thought - this is where I mess it all up! Someone must have been looking down on me because no, I fitted it in like a pro and that was the biggest grin factor for me that day.
Needless to say, my eldest daughter brought me down to earth when I got home and I regaled my 'biggles' moment. "Great", she said. " A thousand pounds spent and you can park it" - to say I was deflated was an understatement
I have just found that some lessons you feel like "What, When, oh Now" and then the next two lessons along it seems to drop into place. Aviation is a mix of science and art, I'm just not sure when the enjoyment starts and the terror ends.