PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 14:43
FrequentlyFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently LoLo are the only real ACTUAL expansion seen at SOU the rest is anything from ‘planned for’ or ‘fantasy airport league’ stuff - no one has actual confirmation of any LCC - I’d imagine the curfew will need to be challenged also - not a lot said of that, but to max a small base be handy if they get of this restriction as much as a runway extension. Anyone going to an open day could you ask about the curfew? Be great to hear the airports views. We won’t even go there with Brexit impact. So LoLo finding their feet and trialing routes is really positive if it only provides data for the future at worst. I hope they find there niche before the funding stops as variety and choice is great at any airport!
As for LoLo selling seats on a Jet 2 base (mentioned previously) what’s in this for Jet2? They would surely be better selling direct and their own massively expanding holiday business sweeping up all before it in its target market or am I missing something? Their loads are surely in the 90’s % and I am sure if they weren’t going to be that they wouldn’t invest anywhere and not be selling bulk to A N Other - they are clearly short of planes as it is.