PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Penn State Police helicopter vs tailgate party
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 13:58
SASless

Received 518 Likes on 216 Posts
I have flown Law Enforcement Helicopters and have been a Police Officer working Patrol and Investigations in my past.

I am really bothered by what I saw in the video....for many reasons.

There were completely innocent folks harmed by the actions of the Police.

Not every person there was unruly, a harm to others, and were violating no law in any manner.

The decision to do what was done....deserves a very thorough investigation by the FAA and both State and Federal Prosecutors by means of Grand Juries.

As far as I am concerned there are Criminal violations that warrant prosecution along with License action by the FAA for the aircrew involved.

I am very supportive of Law Enforcement but also firmly believe in maintaining a high standard of conduct.

The basic tenet of Law Enforcement is to use only that force necessary to effect the arrest of perpetrators of criminal acts.

This was not a riot or violent protest of some kind.....this was just a bunch of sports enthusiasts engaging in a pre-game Tail Gate Party where they put on a feed, drink a bit, and prepare to attend a Football game.

No property was being damaged....no fires were set (except in the Barbies) and no one was being assaulted.

I want to hear why the Police could not deal with the individuals who were supposed to be the reason for the Police response we saw on the video.

I want them to explain what harm was being done that warranted such a foolish action by the Helicopter.

Perhaps there is something going on that cannot be seen in the video.......what was it?

This will grow to be a bigger thing that it seemed at the beginning reports.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-state-n915991