PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Xiamen Airline Captain 737
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 12:58
Pilotin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xiamen airlines

Hi guys, for those interested, I ve recently been in an asessment with xmn airlines.

On the other hand, Place (xiamen) is nice to live but: NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH ANYWHERE!!!

Just reached the hotel for my interview and no one there spoke a word of english. Spent a day there waiting a call from someone from the company and nothing. Day after that, my representative called at noon saying I would have my sim check that evening.

When arrived at the xmn building, A couple of Instructors aproached and told as they would conduct the check with the help of a couple of FO' there. Gave as the charts, a guide of what they wanted as to fly and 5 minutes to memorize.

Windshear on take of. (It was after v1, tail winshear and passing 500' head wind shear).
Steep turns
Non ILS app (map mode faillure)
RWY 05 VOR/DME app.
GA on the minimums
Engine fail on GA
ILS app
Visual app
RTO.

All this was done in 33kts side wind raw data and NO map. Added that the F/O doesnt speak English. He is OK with all Standard callouts but nothing else. I mean: Gear Up, flaps 5, etc is ok, but: Would you please set the hold as per the chartN#...FORGET IT. No Coloquial English. And they prefer really soft landings. Plus they work altitudes in meters and the radios are done in chinese by the firs officer who will tell you what the ATC wants.

For Info out of 9 only 1 passed. (not me).
If accepted, All Toff's and ldgs' are done by the captain. Chinese FO' fly only above 10K unless with instructor.

Hope the Info is useful to anyone!!! GOOD LUCK!