PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a job as a foreigner
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 06:24
Seagull201

Originally Posted by avi8safely
I'm not australian nor new zealander, speaking totally different language, meaning that English is not my first language.
I have icao atpl with 2000 tt of which 1500 on 737ng as f/o.
I've always looked forward living overseas with my family in consideration of children education, environment, culture, etc.,
Would it be possible to get a pilot job in oz, if I have my license converted to casa atpl on my own expense and a valid full time work permit?
I just want to raise my kids in a country where kids don't talk about what their parents do for living, income, property...
The airlines here (OZ), don't sponsor work visas for pilot's from other countries, unless you have Dash 8 experience.

If you really want to come here, it's best for you, to go to OZ embassy in Seoul, and apply for direct permanent residency, to live in Australia.
If you get residency, you can convert your licence to Australian ( It will be quite expensive), you can possibly get a B737/8 F/O job with Air Pacific,
they are frequently advertising, and have a base in Sydney.

If you get Australian residency visa, why don't you stay with your company (i'm sure it's Korean/they have B737/8 aircraft), and you commute from
Australia?
There are 400 foreign nationals working for Korean and commuting worldwide, they have up to 12 days off each month.

If you are on B737/8, i don't understand why you want to come here?
Korean B737/8 pilots, can transfer to B744 after 3 years, it's more money for you and you can be a Captain in next 10 years.

Your other option is to apply for permanent residency AND ASK FOR DARWIN, transfer your family to Darwin and get into Air North on Emb 170 aircraft.
Darwin needs people.

Wishing you well.