PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 06:03
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading that post, I would like to think the Pprune Moderators would like to express an opinion.

I have been a member of Pprune for 15 plus years and in all that time I have tried to obey the rules of the site, whilst expressing my opinion of all matters aviation, in which I was professionally involved for 29 years, with professional experience (lots of it) in search and rescue, sea survival, human factors, flying operations and the training and development of young aviators (and plenty of other things too.) Once, early on, I strayed over the line and was a tad too sarcastic, and received a minor rap on the knuckles...since then I have a clean rap sheet over many years.

Here's my point

the PPruNe chat forum has been awash with repetitious and abusive messages from a small group of trolls with an impressive capacity for hatred.
That's self-evidently untrue.

Pprune Moderators do not allow abusive message (or anything even close to them). They never have, such comments are moderated off and the posters are sanctioned.

small group of trolls with an impressive capacity for hatred.
That's self-evidently untrue.

Pprune Moderators do not allow hatred on the site. And it's not a small group, there are I would guess hundreds of contributors to this thread. "Trolls" are we? Airline pilots, flying instructors, military aviators, some of whom are female, professional people with a love and passion for aviation (and perhaps also with a love and passion for the truth.)

...LAA’s name of being vindictive and misogynistic
. Misogynistic...what does she call herself again...The Bird in a Biplane, well I guess irony is lost there then?

Anyway I digress, Her public comments paint a pretty damning and unjust picture of the Pprune forum. Are the moderators not inclined to post a rebuttal or perhaps even contact the LAA and refute her remarks? Or does her reach stretch this far?

Last edited by The Old Fat One; 3rd Oct 2018 at 06:15.