PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealands future Job Prospects
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 09:31
snakeslugger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by InZed
And with command times, I have heard through the grape vine that Virgin NZ commands are officially open to the entire Virgin Tiger Group. All the latest commands have all gone to Australians that have been with the company for over ten years. No wonder there’s so many Virgin pilots (including captains) looking to jump ship to Uncle Koru. I have heard that some of the latest rounds of NZ interviews have been made up of almost entirely Virgin pilots!

Command times of LESS than five years with Air New Zealand, JetConnect, Jetstar etc... but Virgin is in excess of TEN years. Virgin remains to be one of the least attractive airlines to work for NZ...
Not entirely correct... only 2 commands were awarded to current Australian based FO’s, the rest were awarded to NZ based FO’s.
Yes, command time in NZ has extended out due to group seniority but that’s what an integrated seniority number does. Not sure why a VA Captain would be leaving as they would be taking a pay cut, not the smartest move in my thinking.