PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 Cuts in the SIM. WHY?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 08:57
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grogmonster
LeadSled,

FYI the data set used for programming the SIM comes from a current model King Air that is fitted with a very large number of sensors and a data gathering suit that would dwarf the average PC. It is then flown through a number of pre programmed flights by a test pilot during which all the data is recorded. Somehow, in a process beyond my knowledge, that is then transferred into the simulator software package. Australian, read CASA, input is limited to observing that the simulator flys and replicates the actual aircraft during all the various flight regimes. Hope that helps.

Groggy
Groggy,
I am not referring to the sim, sorry if I haven't been clear enough.

What I am referring to is "CASA Approved" data that came from the old Australian certification, which was all repealed in 1998, but is still being used to this day, in "CASA Accepted" FCOMs.
Indeed, I get the impression that at least two FOIs don't understand, or don't accept, that such "data" no longer has legal standing, and they do not have a legal head of power to make it otherwise. In fact, I think they believe they can do whatever they like, including demanding/directing "V1 cuts", in aircraft no so certified.

As to engineering data packages that pass muster for ICAO 5 thru' 7 (Cat D) there are several acceptable methods to develop such a package, what you describe is, in essence, one of them.

Tootle pip!!