PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Structural failure - what, why, and how likely?
Old 2nd Oct 2018, 05:26
blind pew

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Ahh...
One of the other bits I asked Dave about was another set of initials..police medal for gallantry in a deadly shoot out with drug traffickers in Belgium.
What isn't mentioned in the book is that he was the presidents body guard and was instrumental in getting the hunting ban in Kenya which lost him lots of friends and created enemies.
We walked in single file through the Bush with him leading us carrying a rifle; the dangerous bit was crossing a river as the hippos were the deadliest animals. At night the servants collected the camay soap, which was kept in aluminium soap dishes, dug a hole and buried it otherwise the cheetahs would enter the tents and eat it!
My Swiss skipper filled me in on details that I didn't dare ask, some of which are in the book especially dyeing his skin with potassium permangenate and wearing a curly wig and mingling with the Mau Mau.
Read that when the country deteriorated he went to Jersey where he passed away a couple of years ago.