PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2018, 17:32
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Suzeman
Thanks.
LCDM? Is that Local Collaborative Decision Making?
And could you explain how this works at MAN please? Bit out of the loop nowadays.

I agree entirely that knowing a few hours in advance that there is going to be a surge in late arrivals for example can't just magic up resources nowadays but maybe it can avoid some issues that would otherwise make the situation worse.

Trouble is that most people nowadays expects to travel for next to nothing and still have a great service. However in order to do this all the parties involved have had to cut costs and resources to the bone, which is fine when it all goes right. But when it goes wrong - as it often does, always has and always will - then there is no contingency and things rapidly descend into chaos. And with social media this gets picked up quickly and is spread around the world in minutes.

Glad to be out of all this now.
Correct, Sir. LCDM is Local CDM limited to just the ground handling time stamps and not the ATC ones which come with full implementation. It's a sort of first stage of a phased introduction. Deadline for MAN to be fully A-CDM is the end of 2020. Contract award imminent for supply and installation of systems at MAN (partially funded by Eurocontrol / EU not quite sure who), and looking to implement over the next 12 months. Makes sense for MAN to remain part of this whatever Brexit throws up but I guess that, along with everything else, is yet to be decided. I agree with those who say A-CDM will not mitigate for lack of resource in the ground handling world but it should provide a better tool for tactical allocation of resource.