PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - State of the Industry
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2018, 13:36
tqmatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plank wing would be an option, if I simply wanted to fly for a living without care for what I was flying; however I don't I want to fly helicopters. I flew planks (kind of) as an instructor for the Air Training Corps some years ago, and it just did not & does not hold the magic of helicopters.

I'm not in anyway deluded enough to think that I'm going to walk into any type of HEMS captaincy role, and that CHC are magically going to call me one day and say "Hey there, we read your moaning on PPRUNE and you're right, you deserve a break, your S92 type course starts next Monday....."

But FW guys new to the industry do get a leg up in some ways, there are avenues out there for them where they can enter and join the party, but in the RW side of things, it looks like there is only instructing or nothing - surely if we want to encourage new blood, and young blood at that to keep our industry alive then we need to have something to get people interested and keep them interested? cadetship, First Officer, Supernumery Crew, there *could* be many ways if we used our collective brain powers and not presenting problems for all solutions?