PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2018, 12:12
mach85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MAVEN
mach85
Thank you for the information. Our group of 330 captains were told training takes 4 months and we would do mostly domestic flights for the first year. We had a talk from a manager who said that some may have to be based in Beijing and some other city which I cant remember. He said Paris base is full so we could be based in Rome. He said dont make mistakes and he laughed. Some of us are current 380 and asked if we could fly 380 instead, but the answer was in Chinese so we are not sure what he said.
Hi Maven,

I can’t comment on Airbus training time but certainly 4 months on the Boeing even for rated guys is IMPOSSIBLE.
Perhaps the Airbus fleet are much more efficient. Hope so for you.

All I would say is be very careful what information from CSA you make your life decisions on.
Until very recently, FCO was a 787 route so if that happens again then bang goes your A330 ‘base’.

Some guys asked about the A380 before and it was a big fat NO. They only have 5 of them so can easily fill if with locals and the life on the 380 is fantastic due to the few routes that they do so they won’t be giving those spaces up so easily 😩😩

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Cheers