PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2018, 01:30
SSS0388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear aspirants, applicants & interviewees,

Good day! As promised few weeks ago, here is a snapshot of the processes (based on my personal progress):

Online applicationnd of April
Preliminary iv: Middle of August
Aptitude: Early September
Final iv & Tea-party: End of September
Medical check-up: End of September

Prelim iv: Questions on geography, aircraft comparison, SIA organisation facts, personal life questions, aircraft technical questions and any question based on the CV details submitted (i.e. education, school, career so far etc.)

Aptitude: 12 or so computerised test modules, alike mini games. The tests are aimed to test memory, attention to detail, instruction adherence, basic compass attitude. From my appreciation of the tests, no prior experience is required in order to perform the tests. The tests are basically to determine aptitude (appropriate attitude) of an interviewee. Keep cool, read instructions very carefully and all should be good! Avid gamers may settle into the atmosphere faster, during the tests

Final iv: Written test, followed by the final interview (3 senior management Captains, 1 Ground Manager). Finally, the tea-party (no alcohol, so calm your horses, tea, coffee and muffins. Questions may vary according to candidates profile. My questions were themed towards leadership, personal questions, basic technical (i.e. FBW, auto-pilot systems etc.). In my view, the questions are aimed at how one comes up with an answer (thinking process, rationale for the answer, methodology) rather than the answer in itself. At the tea-party, as is with any social party - ethics, respect another, have honest questions, have a conversation. It is not a speed dating session, therefore my advise would be not to 'butterfly' - moving from one person to the other without ever having a real conversation. Be POSITIVE when asking questions (from my point of view).

Medical: Medical checks as required by CAAS and SIA.

Finally, always be prepared - 'PRIOR PLANNING AND PREPARATION PREVENTS POOR PERFORMANCE' (memorise the mantra) and live it! Interview etiquette is important, communication (clear, concise and direct) and be confident yet humble. I believe there are many online sources available to guide one as such. Know 'why, what, when and how' and be the devil's advocate to your own answers while preparing. Be balanced, have an opinion, base your answers on facts, do not ever speculate, be honest (if you don't know, say you don't know) and BE POSITIVE!

Note: The process, progress rate and opinion on the stages may differ as to applicant - therefore please treat this as a my 'personal experience sharing'. Every individual has their own sense of appreciation and style. Keep it Real, be Cool and be Prepared! Cheers and all the best.