PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel in my water
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2018, 17:28
Ebbie 2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel gaskets are fairly new and have been through storms before - you need to have seen the deluge, lots of horizontal 50mph+ winds too - will be getting the A&P to take a look.

For sure when it is all water it looks "normal" - in a 25mm diameter tube strainer the blue does not show up a deep as in the 6" diameter tester on fuel trucks.

From start to the run up area was about 10 minutes, run up was normal and I flew for 15 minutes on the tank - but this morning a small amount of water in the left tank, thinking is must have been trapped somewhere - yesterday the tanks were about 10 gallons in the right and 13 gallons in the left (after the water was drained).

The samples just looked a little odd - I do wonder if I would have noticed if I was not in a "check the airplane after the storm" mind set - the check on the right one (no water) had scented the strainer with Avgas smell my usual test other than visual.

I had heard of 100% water strains before but this is the first time I ever saw one.