PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - turkish airlines assessment
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2018, 13:58
skyman123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by potatoflying
It's pretty chilled. Actually I had an amazing time, there's so much to do while you're there, and had good laughs with the other candidates. For the assessment they only seemed to care about the sim (group exercise and personal interview had no impact on the results). I had a sim on the A320, but you could also end up doing it on the A330, 777 or 737 (it's random, you don't choose). They didn't make me follow the sim profile that was sent to me at all. Since I had never flown an airbus before they told me to just fly like it was an intruction lesson, not an examination (it's 1h PF, with a THY cpt as PM). I don't wanna give you guys too many details because what I had was VERY different than what some of the other candidates had (they passed with different examiners, so the plane changed, the procedures were completely different than what I did, some examiners were much more strict...) so I don't wanna be misleading. If you're not type rated it's very easy, there are no emergencies. You just fly the plane and do some approaches. I didn't even have to do a SID (some did though). If you're type rated they'll put you on your TR aircraft and make you do EFATOs and emergencies on top of what I had.
That is nice to know, i am happy that you passed the assessment .