PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2018, 07:53
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread often comes across as the Daily Mail section of PPRUNE! Full of reactionary negative men who always have a better way of doing things! Feel better having said that! The civil aviation industry must be so worried that so much armchair talent is not working with them!
It continually comes across that whatever Southampton Airport do or don't do is wrong. Come on people, Southampton is doing ok as a small regional airport. Works for me.
As for the continual criticism of Flybe by some! I suspect a few disgruntled ex employees or those who can't move on from the days of the loss making BA Express! Without Flybe I suspect Southampton would still be offering the odd flights to Paris, Amsterdam etc.. and not 40 to 50 flights a day in the summer! It may not be perfect but credit where credit is due!
The Flymaybe phrase is also so boring now! I must travel on a different Flybe, as I seem to be on time most of the time and never had a cancellation!
As for the obsession for getting in EasyJet! It could work on a few sun routes but that's about it! I remember the Isle of Man threads wishing for EasyJet too. Yes they got them, but lost the 4 times daily to Gatwick on Flybe. Yes I know about BA to London City. Guess what? They now moan about the EasyJet cancellations and poor timings!
Get a sense of perspective! It's just an airport. Some people definitely need to get out more! Have a good day.