PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2018, 22:41
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrequentlyFlying
Get a bit bored of constant digs about Bournemouth population - on this is a Southampton thread and two, the view isn’t accurate in any way - Bournemouth has a higher than average working age population - one of the few places the population is getting younger - has two massively growing universities. Facts.
https://www.bournemouth.gov.uk/counc...eased-2017.pdf

As a local of very much working age I see this day after day.
I won’t even bother to comment on the Northern vs South crap. Jet2 have just moved big time into Stansted - a recognised ‘London’ branded airport - that’s all that needs to be said!

I think buckets and spades suit BOH well and SOU and Easyjet should be a good fit precisely the reasons lost in the boll$cks snipes at BOH / The North - business alternatives -
Logistically probably suit being flown into rather than base if we are being honest about it, 3/4 sized bases are not their preference. But let’s hope one way or another lots more
city breaks from SOU and also Ryanair’s response at BOH - Prague there
is a very interesting decision.
SEN is a 3/4 aircraft base for EasyJet so it's not necessarily their preference to have larger bases.

SOU could easily be a 3/4 aircraft base for EasyJet with other aircraft operationing W routes from other from other bases or with aircraft from their EU bases such as Barcelona, Milan MXP, Nice, Palma.

On a side note to Riverjoint........I do hope that you intend to go to one of public consultations organised by the airport to hear first hand about what the actual details are regarding the recently produced Master Plan and then your strange and very surprising and pessimistic views might change.