PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2018, 09:32
Mach E Avelli

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts
I reckon over 50 years of actually flying multis and doing a bit of heavy turbo prop certification work might trump 30 years of fixing them when it comes to HANDLING characteristics. Plus, some others here have far more B200 flying experience than either you or I (have you ever actually flown it?). So, instead of challenging every robust reaction to some of your more sweeping statements with "what would I know" your input would be more valued if you left us mere elephants to do the flying and stuck to fixing them.
Rod, I am not disputing that it could have been mis trimmed. I am disputing your knowledge of the forces required to overpower the rudder boost. We sometimes fail that (and the FCU) as simulator scenarios and I have yet to see anyone crash with either exercise, even though they sometimes don’t correctly identify the problem initially.
We do see some crash initially with engine failures at very low speeds, but they soon get a grip. That is why we use the simulator. It is a shame that the crash pilot did not see regular simulator as vital to maintaining proficiency. Though whether recent sim practice would have mitigated his possible mis trimming of the rudder is debatable. From other accounts probably not.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 30th Sep 2018 at 01:04.