PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2018, 09:16
Connedrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mach E Avelli
For Con de Rod’s edification. A spurious rudder boost is not a big deal. It CAN be overpowered by a 90 lb weakling. It was only mandated by the FAA because test results showed B200 rudder forces when an engine failed were beyond the certification limit (can’t remember the limit, about 100 lb of force I think.)
All it does is assist the pilot by relieving some, but not all, of the foot load until the rudder is trimmed. Presumably they don’t want it relieving all of the load because it could mask the severity of engine power loss.
But yes, if the rudder boost system malfunctioned it could add to some momentary confusion, though unless accompanied by some other event or incorrect pilot action unlikely to cause the loss of control seen in this accident.

mmm thanks for my edumagation yeah i only have ofver 30 years muti cat lic coverage on type what would i know.
the conclusion that the trim position is from the actual positioning of the rudder trim actuator postion. Even if the cable broke it would have had to be itn that postion. It the smoking gun. If the aircraft didnt end up in the position it was ie oppsite to the rudder trim position that it was in you may have arguments about what happened. The elephant is still in the room.