PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - [AUS] Night Rating
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2018, 07:37
flying-spike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sierra117
I will say that we're looking at two extremes of the spectrum and I think that's where this argument is currently in right now.

Spelling, Grammer and so on are important but if you start splitting hairs over one mispelt word then that's where I see some people might have a problem.

Generally speaking if you've gone through year 12 and you've done a CPL and such you're not going to be illiterate.

I mean no offence to you but that's where you might have missed the point. That's understandable though as the other guy was a little broad with that obsolete comment but I think I know where he's coming from.
My comments were not intended as a criticism of you Sierra. More as helpful advice. Any chief pilot worth his salt will be assessing the attitude of a candidate as much as technical skill. They are entrusting you with their aircraft and their reputation, sometimes from a distance. They need to know that you can understand and accept guidance when it is given. Your licence is a licence to learn and, believe me, it never stops. Best of luck with the trip North.

Last edited by flying-spike; 30th Sep 2018 at 00:19.