PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2018, 17:38
NWSRG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
SecondDog. I travel enough to know that some security personnel are petty in the extreme. I also travel enough to know that there is massive inconsistency in what happens every time I go through a search.

If the system is so good, why are random searches needed? You see, some of the nonsense we are subjected to in UK airports I haven't experienced in Spain, Turkey or other countries. And you can hardly claim they do it worse, can you?

So when I am convinced that everything we are subjected to as pax is absolutely necessary, then I will accept it. But at the minute, I believe there is a fair amount of input from the over the top brigade.
Absolutely agree with you TB...the reality is that security is a game. An attempt to show that we are all safe. In reality, I have managed to get through with liquids that I shouldn't (unintentionally I may add)...and didn't we see a knife (again unintentionally) carried through this week?

It's a spreadsheet exercise...as are the random searches. And often, it gets totally out of perspective.

And I agree totally...those who aren't prepared for the game, and need to repack, should at very least be asked to step aside.