PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2018, 14:30
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Meikleour
I urge other LAA members to vote accordingly at the AGM to save the LAA from it's own embarrassment.
But this is the sad part about it all , Meikleour , whichever way this vote goes , it is going to end up as an embarrassment for the LAA . Certain people from within the organisation have allowed the LAA to be backed into a lose/lose situation .
Let's say that the vote on Oct21st goes against her and she doesn't get her own way . Will she just accept it with grace and dignity ? Of course not ! she didn't last time and will definitely not do so this time either. I have been informed very reliably that 'her people' have not left the LAA alone ever since Oct 2016 .

Let's say that the vote on Oct21st goes in her favour then . Will things just revert back to same-old , same-old for the LAA ? With view to the fact that a tiny minority of people in privileged places have just succeeded in mightily pis***ng off a lot of members , I would say probably not .
And what will Tracey get out of this ? Her good name and reputation restored ? They were in tatters even before she stuck her tentacles into the LAA in the first place !
Will it give her forthcoming docu-soap any sort of kudos ? Considering that most viewers will be 'non-av' types , none whatsoever I'd say .

She is a disgrace to a very worthwhile organisation ! Nothing whatsoever will be gained by anybody after this AGM , regardless of how the voting goes , so why not just back off , show a little respect to the genuine LAA'ers who will be in attendance [that includes Colin Hales too by the way] , plus also a very fine speaker who I hope doesn't find the attendance of her gang too humiliating .
I am very proud of my LAA membership . It has allowed me to build a delightful little traditional-style aeroplane and maintain and operate it for over 14yrs . LAA , I salute you for this !

But allowing this train crash to happen is odious beyond words .