PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2018, 09:24
Meikleour

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a retired professional pilot and LAA member I have followed this thread with great interest. Patently there was some sort of falling out between Sam and the T C-T team regarding logistics support HOWEVER this have never been the real issue! Ewald goes to great length to obfuscate while still avoiding the real issue.
T C-T is undoubtably an entertaining speaker but one whose whole approach seems to be directed only at people who know nothing about aviation. Hence her "bigging up" and boasting about her "derring do". Quite frankly, having seen and viewed many of her addresses they are toe curlingly embarrassing to hear from an aviator. They are very much along the line of those seen with "real life" docudramas which portray aviation in a very dramatic fashion. T C-T's self aggrandising has echoes of that from a former peer of the realm who spent time in jail for perjury!
One small point that bothers me still is the Wilmslow crash. Being familiar with Wilmslow I can't help but wonder why, with the partial power loss at only 50ft., was the aircraft not put down again on the remaining runway? Could instead this have been a take-off action flyby, done for dramatic effect, gone wrong?

Similarily, Ewald's assertion that he was not needed for navigational assistance sounds a bit hollow when one realises that there was a chase/support aircraft in close proximity the whole time!

I urge other LAA members to vote accordingly at the AGM to save the LAA from it's own embarrassment.