PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2018, 07:13
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
Why fewer flights I'm not sure although do know that the Tue BE flight was changed in July to operate Skiathos for FlyLolo instead (wrong decision i believe). With regards to Volotea using the 717 instead of 319, this is simple and airfield performance limited the 319 with some flights having baggage taken off, no such problems with the 717!
Exactly -
You cannot fill up a 150-156 seat A319 (with the derated engines) out of SOU to even a shortish route such as Palma because of WAT payload limits.

The 717 with 125 seats I do not know if there have been any WAT limits from SOU ? does anyone know? -
But Volotea are getting rid of their 717's in the near future

The 180 seater EZY A320 from SEN to TFS is limited to 170 seats, and to ACE 175

The charter flight to JSI whilst rather lovely, for those who actually knew about it, and used it, was no doubt a financial disaster.
Flights such as this operating without a chunk of seats being sold each week of the series to a tour operator like Sunvil or even TUI is madness>
This flight would have been a very nice alternative in the market to LGW.
The train connection to SOU from London and the suburbs area is rather very good.
I used it from W.Dorset and it was superb.

As for next year's charter programme and expansion I intend to visit one of the open days to learn some more....

Last edited by rog747; 28th Sep 2018 at 07:44.