PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aborting a take off because of a feeling something is not right
Old 27th Sep 2018, 23:10
machtuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well composed Centy:-) Re the B737 with the rudder trim fault I wonder why a take off config warning wasn't forthcoming during the application of power? Might be other conditions that precluded that. I knew Max & having thousands of Hrs on type myself I am perplexed at what happened & certainly don't subscribe to the ATSB's end report, something doesn't add up, that's just a cop out! We may never know the real truth, just assumptions is all the pilot community is left with sadly:-(
As for your thread subject? Well there is no one answer or feeling to continue or abort. In some ways transport cat A/C make that decision somewhat simpler but it's never an exact science. Gee there is still two camps as to what the meaning of V1 is & what to do at that exact speed? Personal flying experience, gut feeling butterfly's in yr tummy all help make that decision to stop or go. The human factor in all this is so vague, we can make a 100 airframes exactly the same right down to the toilet flush button colour but we will NEVER make a 100 pilots the same, there in lies the real issue so we have to just accept that accidents are all part of the risk of flying.