PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 22:53
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
SecondDog, you may well be correct in everything you say, I will give you that. But it also does no harm to occasionally ask, did we get it right this time? I do follow the rules, I have been asked about laptops, tablets etc, never phones to be put in a tray. I try my very best to be as organised as I can be, liquids, tablet etc out. No coins in my pockets, watch off. Do as much as possible to keep that alarm from going off, but I understand that there are random checks. But here is the point. For a number of years now, I have put my phone in my carry -on bag at security. It has never been questioned. I thought I was doing a good thing, no phone on my person, my body. The last few times, it has been in my jacket pocket, that is going through Xray. Never queried until yesterday. This has been through multiple airports, majority UK.

This is a genuine question. What is the difference in having my phone in my carry-on bag and in my coat pocket? Both end up in the cabin. Thanks in advance for your reply, it might help some of us understand better what the issues are.

I do think you are being a little bit unfair in thinking we are all arrogant business travellers, I respect the rules. But I am also the payer for the cost of security.
Exactly the same for me. Just because I travel regularly doesn’t mean I know every in an out of what goes on. I follow exactly what I am told to do and I have NEVER, even at BFS been told to put my phone outside of my jacket.

As for the reason I leave it in my coat, it’s because I then have one less thing to repack when I get through. You know, effeciency and clearing myself and my trays away as soon as possible so I can get out of every elses way.

So no, I’m not just a whingy business traveller who thinks the rules shouldn’t apply to them. It’s the opposite. I am someone who is always prepared for security and ready to go. I’m a guy with my belt off, laptop out and liquids bag in my hand before I even reach the belt.

That said, your ‘nkt on Google’ rant didn’t answer my question. If phones need to be placed with electronics, where do I find that information? And why is that not made explictly clear to everyone? Afterall it is only one more word to the standard sentence i’m always asked when my laptop is already visible in the tray in front of me!