PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 20:58
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris Martyr
@MaxR : Oddly enough Max , You've hit the nail right on the head there mate ! Here is the aviation version of any reality TV star you wish to name . I have asked quite a few of the professional guys in the airline I work , and most of them haven't a clue who this person is . Go to a busy place and poll a few members of the gen. pub. and I can almost guarantee that none of them will have heard of the person who is subject of this post . The only place that this person is famous , is in her head . Unless you factor in some of the bumbling , geriatric oafs in her little bubble who shuffle up to her at the various meetings in their blazers and cravats and tell her what a great message she is sending out to the lesser privileged .

The big regret though is , some of the bumbling , geriatric oafs who have been taken in by her total and utter garbage , just happen to be fairly influential in an organisation which is quite close to my heart . This is what really inflames many . Some people tried to stop this rather undesirable tumour spreading a couple of years back and until very recently were under the impression that they had succeeded . They hadn't !
To the relief of many , this thread died a death on September 7th . Guess whose self publicity seeking instincts caused this thread to re-open ? Apparently , the person in question is trying to promote a film . Not a great classic blockbuster or anything , but have a guess who the star is ?
It is worth recalling what one of New Zealands major display pilots revealed a few years ago on another Prune thread.
As with most BS'ers the is always a grain of truth on which to build the illusion of greatness.TCT's wiki page is a gross imbelishment of the facts.I know for a fact,that she once held both an NZ CPL and C Cat Instructor rating but that was more than 19 years ago and they are certainly not current.She was,briefly,an instructor for a flying school at Ardmore.She never flew commercially in any other sense.She never ever displayed any aircraft of any type in NZ.Vitually all of her flying was in light aircraft with the exception of a rating in a NA Harvard and probably less than 25 hrs total in that type.The bulk of her bio on wiki and her website is smoke and mirrors. Trust me....I know.
He knows because he is the Taylor in Curtis Taylor.Her ex husband and famous NZ display pilot.

Great guy..check him out here.