PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Double Standards
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 15:48
Gulf News

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Double Standards

Having lived in the Middle East for more than two decades one would think that one would get used to double standards however every now and then something comes along that really magnifies the duplicity.

We are bombarded with emails, updates, corporate communications and a vast array of other means pointing out the company policies on Social media. The EK OMA specifically prohibits the use of recording devices on the Flight deck and company policy prohibits the posting of such on social media yet this is ok ?

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/watch...italy-1.774188

I’m not an instagrammer or facebooker but I can only imagine the consequences of one of us mere mortals posting something like this. The final warning, if not the severance letter would have been on the printer before the Voyage report acknowledgement. I recall an incident in the not too distant past of a crew being offered an early repatriation ticket for taking a picture during an Technical delay in CMB.

Because of her Royal status this lady is afforded huge latitudes like a one on one sim session with one of the training managers to help recover from the indignity of lowering the landing threshold elevation of the runway in KWI and rendering the aircraft AOG.

In an authoritarian autocracy under which most Middle East residents live it is not possible to point out the ridiculous double standards without the threat of ones head being chopped off (figuratively) Hence the blocking of any form of free speech such as PPrunne. Despite years of conditioning there will always be something that will really get under your skin. For me this is it.